Thursday, December 4, 2014

Liberal Lunacy? A violent crime victim apologizes to the criminal!

Get Obama Toilet Paper For That Special Someone On Your Christmas Giving List!
Or, if that doesn't HIT the spot, might I suggest The Obama Punching Bag instead?

A white Georgetown University student, editorial writer and violent crime victim says the following: 'If we ever want opportunistic crime to end, we should look at ourselves first.'

This answer to the problem of crime and poverty in the black community is nothing if not predictable as it comes straight out of the Al Sharpton/Eric Holder/Barack Obama/Bill de Blasio playbook where the onus for change (and the source of blame) does not originate from those who claim to seek it, but rather from those who in their minds are the racist oppressors!

These men seem to conveniently forget the fact that the liberal war on poverty, now 50-years old, has been an utter failure and done nothing to end poverty and in fact has only exacerbated the entitlement mentality in America.

Why is it that when Michael Brown robbed a store in Ferguson and confronted the cop who tried to stop him that, according to the four men above and many others, the onus was on the cop to risk his own life in the confrontation because he is white and Michael Brown is black.

I don't know the answer to that question but, from the publication The Hoya, Georgetown University student Oliver Friedfeld provides the liberal reasoning.

But before we get to Oliver, Jonathan Turley comments in his article “I Was Mugged, And I Understand Why”, 'Many families in this country faced terrible poverty but did not turn to violent crime. They made a difficult choice that stayed faithful to the most basic tenets of a moral life. To relieve these men of moral responsibility for their act is to discard any notion of personal responsibility and choice.'

As a descendant of poor immigrants who came to America with no money, facing anti-Semitism while speaking a different language, I echo these sentiments!

Liberal Guilt

Here are some of the thoughts of our young and 'privileged' Georgetown author who was robbed at gunpoint:

'...What has been most startling to me, even more so than the incident itself, have been the reactions I’ve gotten. I kept hearing “thugs,” “criminals” and “bad people.” While I understand why one might jump to that conclusion, I don’t think this is fair.

Not once did I consider our attackers to be “bad people.” I trust that they weren’t trying to hurt me. In fact, if they knew me, I bet they’d think I was okay. They wanted my stuff, not me. While I don’t know what exactly they needed the money for, I do know that I’ve never once had to think about going out on a Saturday night to mug people. I had never before seen a gun, let alone known where to get one. The fact that these two kids, who appeared younger than I, have even had to entertain these questions suggests their universes are light years away from mine...

...Who am I to stand from my perch of privilege, surrounded by million-dollar homes and paying for a $60,000 education, to condemn these young men as “thugs?” It’s precisely this kind of “otherization” that fuels the problem.

Young people who willingly or unwillingly go down this road have been dealt a bad hand. While speaking with a D.C. police officer after the incident, he explained that he too had come from difficult circumstances, and yet had made the decision not to get involved in crime. This is a very fair point — we all make decisions. Yet I’ve never had to decide whether or not to steal from people. We’re all capable of good and bad, but it’s a whole lot easier for me to choose good than it may be for them to.

If we ever want opportunistic crime to end, we should look at ourselves first. Simply amplifying police presence will not solve the issue. Police protect us by keeping those “bad people” out of our neighborhood, and I’m grateful for it. And yet, I realize it’s self-serving and doesn’t actually fix anything...'

H/T Jonathan Turley


Prepare Yourself For 2016!

Get Your Hillary Toilet Paper Today! Just Click On Her Face...

get a free wedge or hybrid 

No comments :

Post a Comment