Thursday, December 25, 2014

A Boca Christmas Poem

Nothing Says 'Super Bowl' Party Like Barack Obama Toilet Paper!!
Or, if that doesn't HIT the spot, might I suggest The Obama Punching Bag instead?

    'Twas  the night before Christmas
    and  down here in Boca,
    I  was sitting at Starbucks,
    drinking  my mocha.

     I  know we're all Jewish,
    but  was wondering still,
    if  Santa would come here
    and  give us a thrill.

     On  my way home,
    no  Christmas lights did I  see,
    on  the houses, the windows,
    not even the trees.

     What  a strange feeling.
    Not  a decoration in sight.
    Was  it really December
    or a warm summer's night?

     I  drove past Toojay's,
    there  were lines out the door.
    People  were waiting
    for  kishka and more.

     The  restaurants were busy,
    Christmas  dinners  not planned.
    Never,  not here
    we're in Boca Land  .

     At  home all was quiet.
    I  left out Kosher  wine,
    In  case Santa came to Boca
    for the very first time.

     Snoozing  came easy
    to  me Christmas  Eve.
    I  wasn't waiting for  presents
    to  be left under a tree.

     I could hope all I want.
    I could fuss and then see,
    if Santa would make time
    for  little old me..

    Then  all of a sudden
    he  pulled up in his Jag,Ø=Þ
    with  a sack full of presents
    each sporting a tag.

     Oh  Bloomies, oh Saks
    Oh  Nieman's and  more.
    He  knows where to shop,
    he  frequents my stores!

     He  looked for the lox,
    the  bagels and deli.
    He came to Boca first
    to fill up his belly!

     "I  have a long night ahead,
    I  want you to know.
    >From  Boca I leave
    for New York and the snow."

     He stayed for a while,
    he chatted and ate.
    Then he left in a flash
    before it got late.

     What a great night
    I  thought with a sigh.
    That  jolly old Santa
    is a really nice guy.

     As I cleared off the table
    I  heard with delight
    "Shalom to you all,
    and  OY,what a  night!

Thanks to Max and Lill


Intrigued? Just Click On Her Face...

get a free wedge or hybrid 

No comments :

Post a Comment