What brings me to ask that question of a President of the United States?
In other words how can anyone question the moves and miscalculations of the leader of the free world when he chose run for office in order to serve and protect the American people?
Because everyone deserves the benefit of the doubt, if mistakes are made aren't they made having had the best of intentions for them to have not been mistakes?
Weren't decisions made in good faith and in life not everything can work out exactly as we had planned?
You would think that would be the case but as the anecdotal evidence piles up with move after move and non-move after non-move, even the most non-cynical among us could become a cynic.
So as this is nothing new, what happened this morning to inspire these thoughts?
Fort Hood Shooter Nidal Hasan
Remember the Fort Hood shooting that was called a 'workplace violence' incident by the 'experts' in the Obama administration?
You know Nidal Hasan who, before opening fire to kill, wound and maim over 40 American soldiers and civilians, shouted Allahu Akbar.
Allahu Akbar which means "God is greater' in Arabic and is typically invoked by suicide bomber right before they kill others by weapon or simply detonate themselves in a crowd of innocent women, children and men.
The incident that was famously called 'workplace violence' by the Obama administration?
Well Nisan, the piece of crap who is what everyone other than Barack Obama and his team knew that he was, wrote the following to ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi:
"I formally and humbly request to be made a citizen of the Islamic State,”Hasan says in the handwritten document addressed to “Ameer, Mujahid Dr. Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi.”
"It would be an honor for any believer to be an obedient citizen soldier to a people and its leader who don't compromise the religion of All-Mighty Allah to get along with the disbelievers."
Can it simply be incompetence?
I have asked the question here many times before but here it is again!
Can it actually be possible that Barack Obama is so incompetent that he has orchestrated what has become a global attack on non-believers by Islamic extremists purely by accident?
Of course there's the theory that people rise to their level of their maximum incompetence (the Peter Principle) so that could be the case, but to me what is happening in the Middle East seems to be much more than a case of ineptness on the part of an unprepared US leader.
After all even the worst professional baseball player gets a hit 2 out of 10 times at the plate. Wouldn't that same low standard be expected of a President?
And yet, to my thinking Barack Obama has not reached even that minimum threshold.
Here is an incomplete list of moves, non-moves and blunders made by this President (not including anything domestic):
- His original Middle East apology tour,
- Continual insistence on using diplomacy and negotiation with an enemy that doesn't understand what those words mean,
- Insistence that strong-arm leaders somewhat tolerant of the US step-down (i.e. (Mubarak in Egypt) to make way for what the Obama administration said was a mostly secular and not terrorist organization, the Muslim Brotherhood
- Allowing Iran to go on its merry way to a nuclear bomb,
- Lack of support for our only true ally in the Middle East Israel,
- Support for and help in furthering the Arab Spring,
- The whispering in the ear of Medvedev that his flexibility (aka impotence) would increase after the 2012 election,
- The Syria non-redline redline,
- The telegraphed pullout of all US troops from Iraq,
- The release of five Taliban soldiers in a prisoner swap and,
- Allowing ISIS to metastasize with no plan in place to stop them (with many more instances in between).
The saddest part of all of this? That anyone would ever be brought to the point where the intentions of a United States President could be questioned.
Even Jimmy Carter, as incompetent a President as there ever was, couldn't have his blunders questioned for anything more than what they were.
To close, the best that I have to offer at this point, is that I truly hope that history will show that what we are seeing out of this administration is simply incompetence and nothing more!