Is the Chris Christie scandal an important national news story or a local story that should blow over now that the Governor of New Jersey has addressed the situation!
Doing something that Barack Obama has never done in all of his many scandals, Chris Christie came clean, apologized and fired the guilty party all in one day!
Assuming he is telling the truth and had no idea of the plot to close lanes on the George Washington Bridge to punish a local mayor, this story should be a one day wonder.
That of course is if the mainstream media is willing to let it go which will never happen.
And now on to the Watcher's Council!
The Watcher's Council: What exactly is it!
The Watcher's Council nominations for the week of January 6, 2014 were presented, the votes were cast and counted, and the winner will now been announced!
For those who may be enjoying their first Watcher's Council experience, it is a group that consists of some of the top conservative bloggers from around the world.
A group that The Political Commentator is extremely proud to have been asked to be part of!
Each week members select and submit an article that they have written in addition to one article from a non-council blog they find to be particularly topical and important.
While you may not always agree with what you read, that fact alone may make the experience much more valuable!
Once all of the nominated articles have been received at an undisclosed location by the Council leader, a location that is well hidden somewhere on the Left Coast of the United States, the Watchers Council members review and vote for their favorite entries.
These votes are protected and held by outside auditing firm Arthur Andersen until such time as they are counted and a winner has been chosen for the Grand Prize.
This Grand Prize which consists of the appreciation of one's peers.
In the end, however, we are all winners for having had the opportunity to read the analysis of the critical issues of the day.
In a nutshell, the Watchers Council is a one-stop shop for the ultimate in conservative opinion, analysis and commentary!
So without further ado the winner(s) of the Watcher's Council for the week of January 6, 2014 is (are)...?
- *First place with 3 2/3 votes! Bookworm Room – Solidarity with the nuns — a tipping point moment?
- Second place with 2 2/3 votes Joshuapundit– Al-Qaeda Wins A Major Victory Over The Iraqi Army
- Third place with 2 1/3 votes – The Razor-The Entitlement Mindset
- Fourth place with 2 votes – Liberty’s Spirit-New York City: Melting Pot or Plantation
- Fifth place with 1 vote – The Noisy Room-- New York Gets The Communist Leader It Deserves
- Sixth place *t* with 2/3 vote – GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – Losing Iraq
- Sixth place *t* with 2/3 vote – Simply Jews – PressTV, Gordon Duff and Quenelle
- Sixth place *t* with 2/3 vote – VA Right! – Obamacare Targets Women: Pregnant Women Forced to Pay In Full BEFORE Delivery
- Seventh place *t* with 1/3 vote – The Political Commentator – An Amsterdam good time is giving beer to alcoholics!
- Seventh place *t* with 1/3 vote – The Right Planet – All Incandescent Light Bulbs Declared ‘Enemies of the State’
- Seventh place *t* with 1/3 vote – Rhymes With Right – Archdiocese Of New York Explains What’s Wrong With ObamaCare Birth Control Mandate Intransigence
- Seventh place *t* with 1/3 vote – The Mellow Jihadi – Business ethics & credibility BZ…
- First place with 3 votes! – Sean Davis/The Federalist- submitted byThe Glittering Eye-Sorry, Comrade, But You Didn’t Just Discover The Secret To Making Communism Work
- Second place with 2 votes – American Thinker –Leftist Jew-Hatred: From Marx to Dieudonnesubmitted by The Political Commentator
- Third place with 1 2/3 votes – Powerline –Rachel Maddow Is Crazy, Too submitted byJoshuapundit
- Third place *t* with 1 2/3 votes -RedState-Why Faith submitted by Rhymes With Right
- Fourth place with 1 1/3 vote The Sad Red Earth -Wrong on Both Counts: Academic Boycotts and Israel submitted by Simply JewsThe Razor
- Fifth place with 1 vote Megan McArdle -Another Problem Obamacare Won’t Solve: Health Costs submitted by The Razor
- Sixth place *t* with 2/3 votes -Matthew Vadum/FrontPage Mag –Comrade De Blasio Takes Over submitted by The Noisy Room
- Sixth place *t* with 2/3 vote - War On The Rocks –It’s an Anbar Thing submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- Sixth place *t* with 2/3 vote -Andrew McCarthy/NRO –Down the Times’ Benghazi Rabbit Hole submitted by Bookworm Room
- Sixth place *t* with 2/3 vote -Bleeding Heart Libertarians – Immigration, Eugenics, and the Minimum Wage submitted by The Right Planet
- Seventh place *t* with 1/3 vote -The Other McCain –Now It Can Be Told: Obamacare Paves the Way for Single Payer submitted by VA Right!
- Sixth place *t* with 1/3 vote – –John Sexton, The Conversation -Another Problem Obamacare Won’t Solve: Health Costs submitted by Nice Deb