An interesting question as most things are closed but we do have some alternatives!
- Go to Atlantic City where rooms will actually be available,
- Walk the streets and take in the sights with little fear of becoming a crime victim which, after the de Blasio inauguration, you may not be able to do for very long,
- There's always the old standby of eating at a Chinese restaurant,
- Take in a play at the few Broadway shows that offer shows Christmas Day and there's always the Rocket's at Radio City Music Hall,
- Go to Denny's for a Grand Slam,
- Visit Starbuck's to use the free wi-fi,
- Hit Times Square where most venues will be open,
- Go to the movies to catch Anchorman 2 which if you weren't sure is open now,
- Go ice skating,
- Catch a flight to Las Vegas which will also be open,
- Spend the day in the NYC subway where you can actually experience what it's like to get a seat.
Just a few ideas and for anyone with others, leave them in the comments below.