The rhetoric from Barack Obama yesterday is apparently not going to help me in my quest to find less expensive and better health insurance for 2014. Go figure!
But, as near as I can figure it, improving my situation and the situation of others like me was not really the goal of this most recent offering of Presidential rhetoric ('Obama to give America the middle finger').
Barack Obama's strategy instead was vaguely similar to the one tried by the little Dutch boy who did his best to stop a flood that would have overrun Holland by sticking his finger into the hole in the dam.
In this case Barack Obama was simply trying to stick his finger into the hole of Obamacare that has created a mutiny within his party along with the loss of his staunch and most loyal protector, the mainstream media.
The true goal of course was to try and mitigate the impact that Obamacare will have on Democrats running in the 2014 mid-term elections.
Therefore the reasoning behind the cobbled together speech and plan was political. Purely political!
And it was certainly not out of some great concern for the American people who will be screwed by this administration's lame attempt to bring what should be a private sector undertaking to the public sector.
That train has already left the station! Go figure!
And now onto the Watcher's Council results!
The Watcher's Council: What is it!
The Watcher's Council nominations for the week of November 11, 2013 were presented, the votes were cast and counted, and the winner will now been announced!
For those who may be enjoying their first Watcher's Council experience, it is a group that consists of some of the top conservative bloggers from around the world.
A group that The Political Commentator is extremely proud to have been asked to be part of!
Each week members select and submit an article that they have written in addition to one article from a non-council blog they find to be particularly topical and important.
While you may not always agree with what you read, that fact alone may make the experience much more valuable!
Once all of the nominated articles have been received at an undisclosed location by the Council leader, a location that is well hidden somewhere on the Left Coast of the United States, the Watchers Council members review and vote for their favorite entries.
These votes are protected and held by outside auditing firm Arthur Andersen until such time as they are counted and a winner has been chosen for the Grand Prize.
This Grand Prize which consists of the appreciation of ones peers.
In the end, however, we are all winners for having had the opportunity to read the analysis of the critical issues of the day.
In a nutshell, the Watchers Council is a one-stop shop for the ultimate in conservative opinion, analysis and commentary!
So without further ado the winner(s) of the Watcher's Council for the week of November 11, 2013 is (are)...?
- *First place with 3 1/3 votes! Joshuapundit –What No One’s telling You About Iran’s Big Victory In Geneva
- Second place *t* with 2 votes – The Razor -The Siren Song of the Moderate Republican Presidential Candidate
- Second place *t* with 2 votes – Simply Jews-A topsy turvy review of A Plague: Contesting Syria, in Context by A.J. Adler
- Third place *t* with 1 1/3 votes – The Noisy Room -Obama’s Betrayal of Israel and Arming of Iran
- Third place *t* with 1 1/3 votes – Nice Deb-Gingrich Compares Obama to Clinton: “Obama Wants You To Feel His Pain”
- Third place *t* with 1 1/3 votes – Liberty’s Spirit-Newsflash: The Demise of America is Premature
- Fourth place with 1 vote – Bookworm Room-As Obamacare defines America’s economic landscape, are we going to see a new trend of Soviet-era jokes?
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 vote – The Right Planet– It Only Works with Internet Explorer
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 vote – GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD –Thank vSchlieffen”s Plan For Monday Off?
- Sixth place with 1/3 vote – The Political Commentator – Kristallnacht tutorial for Jews (and anyone else) with a short memory!
- First place with 3 votes! – Mark Steyn- The Drift Towards Depotismsubmitted by Liberty’s Spirit
- Second place with 2 2/3 votes – Nick Cohen/The Spectator –Why Can’t We Admit We’re Scared Of Islamism? -submitted by The Watcher
- Third place *t* with 1 2/3 votes – Sultan Knish ––The American Iron Curtain submitted byThe Noisy Room
- Third place *t* with 1 2/3 votes -The Chicago Boyz -Under The Flag submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Fourth place with 1 1/3 vote – Sultan Knish -Bad Apple President submitted by The Political Commentator
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 votes - Michael Totten – Why the US Can’t Leave the Middle Eastsubmitted by The Razor
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 vote - The Passing Parade –Proud and prejudiced, or was Lot’s wife the victim of a salt intensive diet? submitted by Simply Jews
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 vote -YouTube/ Project Veritas – Obamacare Navigators Counsel Applicants to “Lie” submitted by Bookworm Room
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 vote -House Of Marathon –Heeding The Heretics submitted byGrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- Sixth place *t* with 1/3 vote -Matt Walsh –The positive side of Obamacare that Fox News doesn’t want you to see submitted by Nice Deb
- Sixth place *t* with 1/3 vote - Le·gal In·sur·rec·tion–Typhoon Haiyan: How you can help submitted by The Mellow Jihadi
- Sixth place *t* with 1/3 vote -Douglas Ernst –New York Times finds ‘some’ Catholics upset with Pope — slow clap for NYT submitted by The Colossus of Rhodey
Subscribe in a reader