Watching the charade we call Washington leadership is it any wonder that this edition of the Watcher's Council is dedicated to trying to make people laugh, even if only for a few seconds?
While the outcome of the 'I won't negotiate with anyone but terrorists' negotiation between Congress and President Obama over a Continuing Resolution, Obamacare and soon the debt ceiling all hang in the balance, these offerings of humor will hopefully help to bring a smile to your face.
After, it's on to the seriousness of the articles from some of the worlds top conservative minds in this weeks Results Edition of the Watcher's Council!
On to the Watcher's Council results!
The results for the week of September 30, 2013 Watcher's Council have just been released with first place awarded to Joshuapundit for his take on the thawing conditions between the US and Iran with Obama at the helm. Here's a sample:
...'So given all this, what our president referred to as 'mutual mistrust on both sides', how well is any attempt at negotiation likely to work? President Obama's is basing his new diplomatic track on his feeling that the Iranians can be trusted with any agreement they make with America and the west on nuclear weapons, on Rouhani's moderation, and on a religious fatwa against the use of nuclear weapons by the Ayatollah Khamenei.
Let's examine these items in turn...'
The Political Commentator placed seventh with an article that analogizes the various professions that Barack Obama could have been involved with and why he would most likely face legal action if he had.
The Watcher's Council: What is it!
The Watcher's Council nominations for the week of September 30, 2013 were presented, the votes were cast and counted, and the winner will now been announced!
For those who may be enjoying their first Watcher's Council experience, it is a group that consists of some of the top conservative bloggers from around the world.
A group that The Political Commentator is extremely proud to have been asked to be part of!
Each week members select and submit an article that they have written in addition to one article from a non-council blog they find to be particularly topical and important.
While you may not always agree with what you read, that fact alone may make the experience much more valuable!
Once all of the nominated articles have been received at an undisclosed location by the Council leader, a location that is well hidden somewhere on the Left Coast of the United States, the Watchers Council members review and vote for their favorite entries.
These votes are protected and held by outside auditing firm Arthur Andersen until such time as they are counted and a winner has been chosen for the Grand Prize.
This Grand Prize which consists of the appreciation of ones peers.
In the end, however, we are all winners for having had the opportunity to read the analysis of the critical issues of the day.
In a nutshell, the Watchers Council is a one-stop shop for the ultimate in conservative opinion, analysis and commentary!
So without further ado the winner(s) of the Watcher's Council for the week of September 30, 2013 is (are)...?
- *First place with 4 2/3 votes! Joshuapundit –Peace In Our Time
- Second place *t* with 2 votes – The Right Planet - ANNA — Syria from the Russian Perspective
- Second place *t* with 2 votes – Liberty’s Spirit – Who Elected these Egomaniacs as Jewish-American “Leaders”?
- Third place with 1 vote – The Razor – Republican Rebels
- Fourth place *t* with 2/3 vote – Nice Deb – Why Was An Al Qaeda Commander Photographed Inside a USAID Tent? (Video)
- Fourth place *t* with 2/3 vote – Simply Jews – Christiane Amanpour and Hassan Rouhani: almost there, only to get a slap on the face
- Fourth place *t* with 2/3 vote – The Noisy Room – Envisioning a Cruz Coalition >
- Fourth place *t* with 2/3 vote – The Colossus of Rhodey – Hey, when will ABC do a hidden camera show on something like this?
- Fourth place *t* with 2/3 vote – Bookworm Room - Thoughts on a mouse’s death
- Fifth place *t* with 1/3 vote – GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – Remapped
- Fifth place *t* with 1/3 vote – VA Right! – Government Sends 800,000 Unnecessary (Nonessential) Workers Home. Obama Goes to Maximize Pain
- Fifth place *t* with 1/3 vote – The Political Comentator – Malpractice Analogies: If Barack Obama was a..
- First place with 2 1/3 votes! – Victor Davis Hanson -Obama: Transforming America submitted by Joshuapundit
- Second place with 2 votes – Michelle Malkin- Obama Lied, My Health Plan Died submitted by The Watcher
- Third place *t* with 1 1/3 votes – Mark Steyn -Worse is the New Normal submitted byLiberty’s Spirit
- Third place *t* with 1 1/3 votes – The Kernal – What I learned watching North Korean TV submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- Third place *t* with 1 1/3 votes -The Commentator -Christianity gone haywire, and going down submitted by The Political Commentator
- Fourth place *t* with 2/3 vote Sultan Knish -Bill de Blasio and the Jews of New York submitted by The Noisy Room
- Fourth place *t* with 2/3 votes - Michael Walsh/NRO -What We Just Saw submitted byNice Deb
- Fourth place *t* with 2/3 vote - Yourish -The new lying liar who leads Iran submitted by Simply Jews
- Fourth place *t* with 2/3 vote -Reason-Obamacare vs. Samaritan Health-Care Ministry: A Case Study submitted by Bookworm Room
- Fourth place *t* with 2/3 vote -Discriminations-“Simple” Partisan Bias At The Washington Post submitted by The Colossus of Rhodey
- Fourth place *t* with 2/3 vote -Brendan O’Neill/Telegraph – I’m sorry, but we have to talk about the barbarism of modern Islamist terrorism submitted by The Right Planet
- Fourth place *t* with 2/3 vote -Sean Trende/Real Clear Politics – The Politics of the Government Shutdown – submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Fifth place *t* with 1/3 vote -Megan McArdle -11 Pieces of Obamacare Conventional Wisdom That Shouldn’t Be So Conventional submitted by The Razor
- Fifth place *t* with 1/3 vote -Tea Party News Network – Chris Matthews: ‘Ted Cruz Is Brilliant…The President’s Met His Match’ submitted by VA Right!
- Fifth place *t* with 1/3 vote -Bill Whittle -Umbrella Men submitted by The Watcher
Subscribe to The Political Commentator by Email
Subscribe in a reader