This weeks edition of the Watcher's Council is dedicated to the potential horror show of medicine that may soon be coming to a doctors office near you in the form of Obamacare.
That is of course if you are able to find a doctor anywhere in the vicinity of where you live or work.
And then, if you are lucky enough to find such a doctor, will the wait for an available appointment to have an infection checked out be three months down the road by which time you may have to have that body part removed?
Finally will this doctor who happens to be available to you, one who has chosen to continue to be a doctor, be a doctor who is qualified and talented enough to determine exactly which body part it is that requires removing?
God help us all!
On to the results!
The results for the week of September 23, 2013 Watcher's Council have just been released with first place awarded to The Right Planet for 'an excellent look at what happens when people, for whatever reason, are victims of what psychiatrists call ‘category error’, the inability to solve problems because of the difficulty in properly defining or naming them...'
The Political Commentator placed seventh with an article that took a look at the the problems facing whoever is 'lucky' to be the choice to replace Ben Bernanke.
The link to both articles, along with links to the other must-read articles from some of the worlds top conservative minds, can be found below.
The Watcher's Council: An Explanation!
The Watcher's Council nominations for the week of September 23, 2013 were presented, the votes were cast and counted, and the winner will now been announced!
For those who may be enjoying their first Watcher's Council experience, it is a group that consists of some of the top conservative bloggers from around the world.
A group that The Political Commentator is extremely proud to have been asked to be part of!
Each week members select and submit an article that they have written in addition to one article from a non-council blog they find to be particularly topical and important.
While you may not always agree with what you read, that fact alone may make the experience much more valuable!
Once all of the nominated articles have been received at an undisclosed location by the Council leader, a location that is well hidden somewhere on the Left Coast of the United States, the Watchers Council members review and vote for their favorite entries.
These votes are protected and held by outside auditing firm Arthur Andersen until such time as they are counted and a winner has been chosen for the Grand Prize.
This Grand Prize which consists of the appreciation of ones peers.
In the end, however, we are all winners for having had the opportunity to read the analysis of the critical issues of the day.
In a nutshell, the Watchers Council is a one-stop shop for the ultimate in conservative opinion, analysis and commentary!
So without further ado the winner(s) of the Watcher's Council for the week of September 23, 2013 is (are)...?
- *First place with 2 2/3 votes! The Right Planet –Defining the Enemy — Islamic Terror
- Second place with 2 1/3 votes – Joshuapundit – This Time It’s Nairobi’s Turn
- Third place with 2 votes – The Razor - Ignore Iran Today – But Not Tomorrow
- Fourth place *t* with 1 2/3 votes – Bookworm Room -Is Ted Cruz’’s promised Obamacare filibuster the equivalent of King Leonidas’s stand at Thermopylae?
- Fifth place with 1 vote – Liberty’s Spirit-Politically correct dilettantes devoid of morality and a spine
- Sixth place *t* with 2/3 vote – The Glittering Eye-Life in the Petri Dish
- Sixth place *t* with 2/3 vote – The Noisy Room- Parent Arrested from Common Core Meeting for Speaking Out of Turn
- Sixth place *t* with 2/3 vote – Simply Jews – John McCain vs Vladimir Putin: an abject failure of good intentions
- Sixth place *t* with 2/3 vote – VA Right! –‘Impotent Eric’ Cantor WILL APPROVE Obamacare Before All is Said and Done. Virginia WILL GET Cantorcare
- Seventh place *t* with 1/3 vote – Rhymes With Right –Palin Is Right On Ted Cruz Attackers
- Fifth place *t* with 1/3 vote – The Political Commentator – Bernanke’s successor will be caught between reality and a hard place!
- First place with 2 2/3 votes! – Victor Davis Hanson-Our Truest Lies submitted byJoshuapundit
- Second place with 2 votes – Mark Steyn –Next Stop, Banana Republic submitted byLiberty’s Spirit
- Third place *t* with 1 1/3 votes – Melanie Phillips – A Devastating Truth submitted byThe Watcher
- Third place *t* with 1 1/3 votes -The Passing Parade-Interesting times we live in, aren’t they? submitted by Simply Jews
- Fourth place *t* with 2/3 vote Adam Garfinkle -More Curiouser submitted by The Razor
- Fourth place *t* with 2/3 votes - Accuracy In Media –New York Times Exposes Marxist Mayoral Candidate submitted by The Right Planet
- Fourth place *t* with 2/3 vote - John Hayward/The Conversation –Peeling back the banana republic submitted by Nice Deb
- Fourth place *t* with 2/3 vote -Glenn Reynolds –Obama selfish, stubborn on health care submitted by Bookworm Room
- Fourth place *t* with 2/3 vote -DoD Buzz – AirSea Battle Adds Substance to Concept submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- Fourth place *t* with 2/3 vote -NewsBusters –MRC Study Documents Virginia Newspapers’ Viciously Negative Slant on GOP Gubernatorial Candidate submitted byVA Right!
- Fourth place *t* with 2/3 vote -Self-Styled Siren –The Collaboration: Hollywood’s Pact With Hitler submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Fifth place *t* with 1/3 vote -The Independent Sentinel –New York City’s Bleak Future with Bill de Blasio submitted by The Watcher
- Fifth place *t* with 1/3 vote -Mises Daily –Fear the Boom, Not the Bust submitted byThe Political Commentator
- Fifth place *t* with 1/3 vote -Gates Of Vienna –On Force, Control, and Freedom submitted by The Watcher
***Subscribe to TPC below and share this article with your friends on Twitter, Facebook and Google +1!***
Subscribe to The Political Commentator by Email
Subscribe in a reader