The Watcher's Council
TPC dedicates this weeks edition of the Watcher's Council to the tiff between Barack Obama and Vladimir Putin over Russia's granting of asylum to Edward Snowden that resulted in the Obama administration canceling the planned meeting of the two men.
That's right! Rather than go and sit mano a mano across from the Russian President to air US grievances over the decision, Barack Obama has instead called it off leading to speculation by TPC that Putin in private might compare Barack Obama to the Thai dish johk.
For a movie (Hangover 2) explanation of what johk is please refer to the article 'Would Vladimir Putin ever compare Barack Obama to the Thai food johk? (Hangover 2 Video)' here.
On to the results!
The results for the week of August 5, 2013 Watcher's Council have just been released with first place awarded to Joshuapundit for an article that explores the futility of the so-called 'Peace Process' in the Middle East.
The Political Commentator placed sixth with an article that uses two sports analogies to describe the methods with which the Obama administration is trying to get away with scandal after scandal.
The link to both articles, along with links to the other must-read articles from some of the worlds top conservative minds, can be found below.
The Watcher's Council: An Explanation!
The Watcher's Council nominations for the week of August 5, 2013 were presented, the votes were cast and counted, and the winner will now been announced!
For those who may be enjoying their first Watcher's Council experience, it is a group that consists of some of the top conservative bloggers from around the world.
A group that The Political Commentator is extremely proud to have been asked to be part of!
Each week members select and submit an article that they have written in addition to one article from a non-council blog they find to be particularly topical and important.
While you may not always agree with what you read, that fact alone may make the experience much more valuable!
Once all of the nominated articles have been received at an undisclosed location by the Council leader, a location that is well hidden somewhere on the Left Coast of the United States, the Watchers Council members review and vote for their favorite entries.
These votes are protected and held by outside auditing firm Arthur Andersen until such time as they are counted and a winner has been chosen for the Grand Prize.
This Grand Prize which consists of the appreciation of ones peers.
In the end, however, we are all winners for having had the opportunity to read the analysis of the critical issues of the day.
In a nutshell, the Watchers Council is a one-stop shop for the ultimate in conservative opinion, analysis and commentary!
So without further ado the winner(s) of the Watcher's Council for the week of August 5, 2013 is (are)...?
- *First place with 3 1/3 votes! Joshuapundit –Ropes Of Sand – Why The Latest Round Of MidEast ‘Peace Talks’ Will End In Failure
- Second place with 2 1/3 votes – Bookworm Room -Government of the people, by the people, and for the people has perished in America
- Third place with 2 votes – The Right Planet-Smashing ‘The Establishment’ Meme
- Fourth place with 1 2/3 votes – The Noisy Room-Waking Up To War
- Fifth place with 1 1/3 votes – The Razor-What a Survey of 1,400 Sued Doctors Can Tell Us About Health Care Reform
- Sixth place with 1 vote – The Political Commentator-Scandal Obama-style: A cross between the ‘Rope-a-Dope’ and the ‘Four Corners Stall Offense’!
- Seventh place *t* with 2/3 vote – Simply Jews- Nothing as open as Open Zion or Ali Gharib for Hassan Rouhani
- Seventh place *t* with 2/3 vote – The Colossus of Rhodey – Orson Scott Card vs. Roman Polanski
- Seventh place *t* with 2/3 vote – VA Right! –Washington Post Sold to Libertarian. Will it Make a Difference?
- Seventh place *t* with 2/3 vote – Nice Deb –Extortion 17: Navy SEAL’s Dad Hammers Regime: “THEY SET UP MY SON TO BE EXECUTED” (Audio)
- Eighth place *t* with 1/3 vote –Rhymes With Right – How Long Until This Sort Of Gay Marriage Litigation Comes To America?
- Eighth place *t* with 1/3 vote – Liberty’s Spirit – The Israeli-Palestinian Peace push Ignores Reality
- First place with 2 2/3 votes! – Michael Gurfinkiel/Mosaic Magazine -You Only Live Twice. Is there a future for Jewish communities in Europe? submitted by Liberty’s Spirit
- Second place *t* with 2 1/3 votes – Villainous Company –Racism, Conversations, and the Sound of One Hand Clapping submitted by Joshuapundit
- Second place *t* with 2 1/3 votes – The Chronicle Of Higher Education –When Hollywood Held Hands With Hitler submitted by The Colossus Of Rhodey
- Third place with 1 2/3 votes -War Is Boring -The Navy’s New Stealth Battleships submitted byGrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- Fourth place *t* with 1 vote Caroline Glick -Bibi and the true believer submitted by The Noisy Room
- Fourth place *t* with 1 vote - Abu Muqawama –Banquo in Bandit Country submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 vote - CIF Watch – CiF asks Palestinian supporter of ‘armed resistance’ her views on the peace process submitted by Simply Jews
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 vote -Doug Ross @ Journal –BOMBSHELL REPORT: Valerie Jarrett Gave the Orders on 9/11/2012 and Blocked Rescue in Benghazi submitted by VA Right!
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 vote -Seraphic Secret –The New-Old Jew-Haters of the European Union submitted by The Watcher
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 vote -Victor Davis Hanson –Obama’s Watergates submitted by The Watcher
- Sixth place *t* with 1/3 vote -Elbert Guillory –Elbert Guillory Announces the Free at Last PAC submitted by Bookworm Room
- Sixth place *t* with 1/3 vote -Lame Cherry – Is Obama Sunni or Shia Muslim? submitted byThe Right Planet
- Sixth place *t* with 1/3 vote -Alan Colmes Liberaland – How Liberals Have It Wrong About Rush And Sean submitted by Rhymes With Right
- Sixth place *t* with 1/3 vote -White House Dossier – Obama is at Two Dozen Scandals and Counting submitted by Nice Deb
- Sixth place *t* with 1/3 vote -Amil Imani –The Challenge of Racism submitted by The Mellow Jihadi
***Subscribe to TPC below and share this article with your friends on Twitter, Facebook and Google +1!***
Subscribe to The Political Commentator by Email
Subscribe in a reader