This edition of the Watcher's Council including music and photos is dedicated to President Obama who, along with the First Family, will be vacationing on Martha's Vineyard!
So while the President tells us he understands the economic pain and struggles of the middle class he certainly doesn't suffer through such pain and suffering himself.
And while no one can begrudge a President a vacation, even one who really doesn't work very hard or seem to need or deserve one, you would think that common sense would say to cut back a little even if only for the perception value.
The only reason I can see for insisting on opulence is that the President's words and rhetoric are only that and that he and the First Lady don't really give a crap about the pain or perception of the middle class and know that the mainstream media will protect them anyway.
'President Barack Obama and his family will travel to Martha's Vineyard for eight days beginning on Aug. 10.
Architect Rick Sundberg, now of Sundberg Kennedy Ly-Au Young Architects, confirmed Monday that the Obamas will stay in a home that he redesigned. The $7.6 million home is located on 9.5 acres in Chilmark, the wealthiest town on the island.
The home was built in 1961 and renovated in 2006, according to Sundberg's website.
It features a private master suite with its own den. An open floor plan includes pond and ocean views from the living room, dining room and kitchen. There's also a small basketball court.' (Source)
The Watcher's Council!
A group that The Political Commentator is extremely proud to be part of!
Each week members select and submit an article that they have written in addition to one article from a non-council blog they find to be particularly topical and important.
While you may not always agree with what you read, that fact alone may make the experience much more valuable!
Once all of the nominated articles have been received at an undisclosed location by the Council leader, a location that is well hidden somewhere on the Left Coast of the United States, the Watchers Council members review and vote for their favorite entries.
These votes are protected and held by outside auditing firm Arthur Andersen until such time as they are counted and a winner has been chosen for the Grand Prize.
This Grand Prize which consists of the appreciation of ones peers.
In a nutshell, the Watchers Council is the ultimate source for conservative opinion, commentary and analysis!
So without further ado the Watcher's Council nominations for the week of July 29, 2013 are...?
- The Political Commentator – The Weiner-Huma-Hillary Unholy Alliance!
- Joshuapundit-The Great Divider
- The Noisy Room – Rolling In The Deep With Communists
- Simply Jews – Pissing on your mobile – it is a coming thing
- GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – Sinai Insurgency
- Liberty’s Spirit – It’s Only Dead Jews-Who Cares? Not the Obama Administration For Certain
- VA Right! - The NRSC Asks ‘Are You Still a Republican?’ – I’m Not Sure How to Answer That!
- The Colossus of Rhodey – What happens when you hire complete nitwits
- The Right Planet – The So-Called ‘Dialog on Race’
- Nice Deb – Drip-Drip-Drip New Obama Scandal Emerges At DOE Drip-Drip Whistleblowers Illegally Gagged Drip-Drip-Drip
- The Glittering Eye -Not Dead Yet
- The Razor – Primary Care Physicians: Between A Rock and a Hard Place
- Rhymes With Right – Defending The Monster In Court
- The Mellow Jihadi – I Buy a Whole Body Vibration (WBV) Machine
- Bookworm Room – A bit of Irish history with some sightseeing thrown in too
- Ask Marion – Spying on America – Thor to O’Reilly: My Contacts Tell Me Government is Recording All Phone Calls
- Maggie’s Notebook – North Carolina: Teacher Tenure Reform Passed
- The Pirate’s Cove – Don’t Forget, Warming Really Isn’t About The Surface Temperature
- Adina Kutnicki -Obama: Shield For Islamic Regimes exposed His Hand submitted by The Political Commentator
- Caroline Glick – How to Respond to EU Sanctions submitted by Joshuapundit
- Diana West –Why Won’t the Media Cover Huma Abedin’s Ties to Global Jihad Movement?submitted by The Noisy Room
- Zenpundit – How to Lose the Next War submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- Elder Of Ziyon – The Elephants in the Room 2013 submitted by Liberty’s Spirit
- Downtrend.Com – Nancy Pelosi: Suppressing 2nd Amendment Rights Protects the Constitutionsubmitted by VA Right!
- According To Hoyt – Forever Young submitted by The Colossus of Rhodey
- Kevin Jackson/American Thinker – Obama, Alinsky and the Devil submitted by The Right Planet
- Joel Pollak/Big Journalism -WSJ: Obama Worst President for Middle Class ‘in Modern Times’submitted by Nice Deb
- Roger L. Simon –Christie, Paul, Libertarianism, and the NSA submitted by The Razor
- Hot Air – Man, all of these phony scandals have really been getting in the way of this economic recovery we’re in submitted by Rhymes with Right
- Michael Totten –Tunisia on the Brink submitted by The Mellow Jihadi
- Bill Whittle – The Lynching submitted by The Watcher
- Hussein Aboubakr/Times Of Israel – The Holy Anti-Semitic Month of Ramadan submitted byWatcher
***Subscribe to TPC below and share this article with your friends on Twitter, Facebook and Google +1!***
Subscribe to The Political Commentator by Email
Subscribe in a reader