Yesterday my server at lunch in midtown Manhattan is getting her Master's Degree at Harvard!
At the same time scantily-clad young ladies are giving shoe shines on Wall Street downtown!
Only in New York!
|The Ultimate Shoe Shine - Star Shine NYC|
And now, the Watcher's Council results for the week of April 8, 2013!
The Watcher's Council nominations for the week of April 8, 2013 were presented, the votes were cast and counted, and the winner will now been announced!
For those who may be enjoying their first Watcher's Council experience, it is a group that consists of some of the top conservative bloggers from around the world.
A group that The Political Commentator is extremely proud to have been asked to be part of!
Each week members select and submit an article that they have written in addition to one article from a non-council blog they find to be particularly topical and important.
While you may not always agree with what you read, that fact alone may make the experience much more valuable!
Once all of the nominated articles have been received at an undisclosed location by the Council leader, a location that is well hidden somewhere on the Left Coast of the United States, the Watchers Council members review and vote for their favorite entries.
These votes are protected and held by outside auditing firm Arthur Andersen until such time as they are counted and a winner has been chosen for the Grand Prize.
This Grand Prize which consists of the appreciation of ones peers.
In the end, however, we are all winners for having had the opportunity to read the analysis of the critical issues of the day.
In a nutshell, the Watchers Council is the ultimate conservative blog aggregator!
So without further ado the winner(s) of the Watcher's Council for the week of April 8, 2013 is (are)...?
- *First place with 4 1/3 votes! Joshuapundit – Appomattox: The Fire Is Quenched
- Second place*t* with 2 votes – The Noisy Room – NoKo-a-NoGo
- Second place *t* with 2 votes – Simply Jews- Remembering Holocaust: the first British shots of WW II
- Third place with 1 2/3 votes – Bookworm Room – The fundamental unconstitutionalism of Obama’s presidency
- Fourth place *t* with 1 1/3 votes – The Right Planet – Subprime (Part Duh)
- Fourth place *t* with 1 1/3 votes – VA Right! -Gun Control: Exceptions for Rape, Incest and the Life (or Health) of the Gun Owner?
- Fifth place with 2/3 vote – The Razor - A Phone Call Between Premier Li and President Obama
- Sixth place *t* with 1/3 vote – The Colossus of Rhodey – The Politics Behind DC’s The Movement
- Sixth place *t* with 1/3 vote – Gay Patriot –Margaret Thatcher: Feminist Icon
- First place with 2 2/3 votes! – Sarah Palin- The Grocer’s Daughter submitted byJoshuapundit
- Second place with 2 1/3 votes – David Feith/WSJ –The Golf Shot Heard Round the Academic World submitted by Bookworm Room
- Third place with 1 2/3 votes –Jack Kerwick/FrontPage Magazine –Six Alinsky Rules That Explain Obama’s Words and Deeds submitted by The Noisy Room
- Fourth place *t* with 1 vote -Spengler -Coming ‘crash’ will end in a snooze submitted by The Watcher
- Fourth place *t* with 1 vote- Adventures of a Broken Soldier – Disabled Purple Heart veteran, embarassed at local business. submitted by Rhymes With Right
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 votes - Roger Ebert’s Journal –A Leave of Presence submitted byThe Glittering Eye
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 vote - Terry Glavin –“We will rid the world of the evil-doers,” ten years after. submitted by Simply Jews
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 vote -Powerline – Gay son of congressman ‘canceled’ for refusing to serve as prop for Lefty talk show hosts submitted by Gay Patriot
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 vote -Douglas Ernst – MSNBC’s ‘Political Playground’ belongs in a ‘Simpsons’ Treehouse of Horrors special submitted by The Colossus of Rhodey
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 vote -The Compass/ Alex Berezow -Will We Enter a Post-Democracy World? submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- Sixth place *t* with 1/3 vote -TEA Party News Network –The 25 Margaret Thatcher Quotes that Crush Obama and the Left submitted by VA Right!
- Sixth place *t* with 1/3 vote -Newsmax – Margaret Thatcher on Socialism submitted by The Razor
- Sixth place *t* with 1/3 vote -Thomas Patrick Burke –The Origins of Social Justice: Taparelli d’Azeglio submitted by The Right Planet
- Sixth place *t* with 1/3 vote -Michelle Malkin-No Tears for Lynne Stewart submitted by The Watcher
***Subscribe to TPC below and share this article with your friends on Twitter, Facebook and Google +1!***
Subscribe to The Political Commentator by Email
Subscribe in a reader