Welcome to the Watcher's Council conservative writing competition results for the week of February 18, 2013!
The Watcher's Council nominations for the week of February 18th were presented, the votes were cast and counted, and the winner will now been announced!
For those who may be enjoying their first Watcher's Council experience, it is a group that consists of some of the top conservative bloggers from around the world.
A group that The Political Commentator is extremely proud to have been asked to be part of going on three years ago!
Each week members select and submit an article that they have written in addition to one article from a non-council blog they find to be particularly topical and important.
While you may not always agree with what you read, that fact alone may make the experience much more valuable!
Once all of the nominated articles have been received at an undisclosed location by the Council leader, a location that is well hidden somewhere on the Left Coast of the United States, the Watchers Council members review and vote for their favorite entries.
These votes are protected and held by outside auditing firm Arthur Andersen until such time as they are counted and a winner has been chosen for the Grand Prize.
This Grand Prize which consists of the appreciation of ones peers.
In the end, however, we are all winners for having had the opportunity to read the analysis of the critical issues of the day.
In a nutshell, the Watchers Council is the ultimate conservative blog aggregator!
So without further ado the winner(s) of the Watcher's Council for the week of February 18th is (are)...?
- *First place with 3 votes! The Right Planet –So, You Bought a Gun, Huh?
- Second place with 2 1/3 votes – The Noisy Room – Obama and the Leftist Infiltration of Israeli Media
- Third place with 2 votes – The Razor-The Elephant In The Room -– Having Kids Out-of-Wedlock Culture
- Fourth place with 1 2/3 votes – Bookworm Room-Dems are troglodytes about women and self-defense, and they’re selling this as a virtue for the next election
- Fifth place with 1 1/3 votes – The Political Commentator-Another Obama snow-job: Sequestration = Republican-owned recession!
- Sixth place with 1 vote – Joshuapundit-State Of The Union?
- Seventh place *t* with 2/3 vote – The Mellow Jihadi-1 Billion Rising and the Qu’ran
- Seventh place *t* with 2/3 vote – Rhymes With Right – Sen. Dan Patrick Moves To Dumb-Down Texas Graduation Requirements, Eliminate Government And Economics Requirement
- Eighth place *t* with 1/3 vote – VA Right! –Gluttony – Big Government’s Deadly Sin
- Eighth place *t* with 1/3 vote – The Colossus of Rhodey - Heaven forbid! A conservative comics writer is against gay “marriage”
- Eighth place *t* with 1/3 vote – The Glittering Eye –Multi-Tasking the 2013 State of the Union
- Eighth place *t* with 1/3 vote – Simply Jews –Guardian – confirming the obsession
- First place with 2 2/3 votes! – Sultan Knish-It’s Not Easy Being Red and Green submitted byThe Noisy Room
- Second place with 2 votes – Amity Schlaes –The Coolidge Lesson on Taxes and Spendingsubmitted by Joshuapundit
- Third place *t* with 1 1/3 votes – Sarah Palin –#SOTUGottaBKiddingMe submitted by The Watcher
- Third place *t* with 1 1/3 votes -Victor Davis Hanson-Obama’’s Hypocritic Oath submitted byThe Razor
- Fourth place with 1 vote The City Journal -The Pension Fund That Ate California submitted by The Political Commentator
- Fourth place *t* with 1 vote - Zombie/PJ Media –1 billion rising San Francisco & submitted byBookworm Room
- Fourth place *t* with 1 vote - Penelope Trunk –Universal pre-K is bad for everyone submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Fourth place *t* with 1 vote -Max Fisher/World Views – Is Israel the only U.S. ally in the Middle East? An answer in map form submitted by grEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 vote -The Sad Red Earth –The Israeli-Palestinian Textbook Study Fraud submitted by Simply Jews
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 vote -Sister Toldjah – #GunControl: Washington State Democrats forget a little thing called the 4th amendment submitted by Rhymes With Right
- Sixth place *t* with 1/3 vote -Right Turn – The right to an awful defense secretary? submitted by Gay Patriot
- Sixth place *t* with 1/3 vote -The Examner –New study confirms economy was destroyed by Democrat policies submitted by The Right Planet
- Sixth place *t* with 1/3 vote -Amil Imani –Interview with Amil Imanisubmitted by The Mellow Jihadi
- Sixth place *t* with 1/3 vote -Khaled Abu Toameh –What Is Really Blocking the Peace Process? submitted by The Watcher
***Subscribe to TPC below and share this article with your friends on Twitter, Facebook and Google +1!***
Subscribe to The Political Commentator by Email
Subscribe in a reader