President Obama is being asked by the "course marshal", aka the American people, for a faster pace of play concerning the looming Fiscal Cliff!
Given the fact that Barack Obama is fiddling with one more round of golf in Hawaii today as the fuse burning towards the economic bomb otherwise known as the Fiscal Cliff moves closer and closer to ignition, a reference to a golf course marshal imploring quicker play is highly appropriate!
Because in reality the problem is that there is no sense of urgency indicated by the actions of any of the players involved in these "negotiations" that are, in effect, not taking place at all.
The President will be back in Washington some time tonight with Senators possibly tomorrow and members of the House at some point after that.
A little pathetic if you ask me but nobody really asked me!
But, I suppose that vacation is after all vacation in Washington although truth be told most Americans wouldn't know much about that these days!
Now on to...
The Watcher's Council
These are the Watcher's Council nominations for the week of December 24, 2012!
For those who may be enjoying their first Watcher's Council experience, it is a group that consists of some of the top conservative bloggers from around the world.
A group that The Political Commentator is extremely proud to have been asked to be part of!
Each week members select and submit an article of their own creation in addition to one article from a non-council blog they find to be particularly topical and important.
While you may not always agree with what you read, that alone may make the experience that much more valuable!
Once the submissions have been received at an undisclosed location hidden somewhere on the Left Coast of the United States, the Watchers Council members then individually vote for their favorites.
Those votes are protected and held by outside auditing firm Arthur Andersen until such time as they are counted and a winner named for the Grand Prize.
This Grand Prize consists of the appreciation of ones peers.
In the end though, we all win because of the range of information and important analysis received on the critical issues of the day.
In a nutshell, the Watcher's Council is the ultimate conservative blog aggregator!
So without further ado the article nominations for the week of December 24, 2012 are...?
- Joshuapundit-A Game Change In Syria
- The Noisy Room – Big Business and Marxist Collusion – Bourgeois Socialism
- The Political Commentator – If your employee did these 10 things, would you fire them?
- The Independent Sentinel – Gun Control Move Is Political Theater – Here’s Proof
- Simply Jews – The Guardian report on Christmas in Bethlehem
- VA Right! - Virulent ‘Pro-Choice’ Rhetoric, ADHD Drugs, Video Games to Blame for School Shootings
- The Right Planet – A Real Plan for Recovery …
- The Glittering Eye -Do We Really Want Less Work or Investment?
- The Razor – The Conscience Pangs of a Drone Pilot
- Rhymes With Right – A Silly Anti-Gunnite Argument On Second Amendment Rights That Needs Dismissing
- The Colossus of Rhodey – Dopey WNJ Letter of the Week
- The Mellow Jihadi – Suicide Strikes the Navy, SEAL Commander Down
- Bookworm Room – The Leftist delusion of a world without danger
- Gay Patriot – Larry Elders message to the GOP: Explain how Democratic policies hurt the poor
- GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – Best Chick For The Gig
- Right Truth – The Worst Woman of 2012
- Ask Marion – Simpler Times – A Groetzmeier Christmas
- Crazy Bald Guy – My review of “Brave”
- Wolf Howling – The 2nd Day Of Christmas
- The Pirate’s Cove – Campaign 2012: The Titan of Entitlements
- American Thinker/Anne Lieberman – Against Nothingness submitted by Joshuapundit
- Larry Corriea/Monster Hunter Nation –An opinion on gun control submitted by The Noisy Room
- Sultan Knish -The Perfect Prison submitted by The Political Commentator
- Victor Davis Hanson – Let the Real Fat Cats Pay Their Fair Share submitted by The Independent Sentinel
- The Socialism of Fools – The New Laocoon submitted by Simply Jews
- Marathon Pundit – Chicago Teachers Union offers class cutting strategies to members submitted by VA Right!
- Thomas Sowell – Gun Control Ignorance submitted by The Right Planet
- J.D. Tuccille/Reason.com – Gun Restrictions Have Always Bred Defiance, Black Marketssubmitted by The Glittering Eye
- The Patriot Perspective –David Gregory Violates DC Gun Law On National TV Update:CNNs Don Lemon Admits To Breaking Gun Laws, Too? submitted by The Mellow Jihadi
- Seraphic Secret-Jew Without a Gun submitted by Bookworm Room
- Ann Althouse -Scenery chewing in the Theater of Outrage over Wayne LaPierre’s unremarkable news conference. submitted by Gay Patriot
- Taki’s Magazine –10 Facts About Brooklyn Natives submitted by The Razor
- Urban Grounds – Does Anybody at the Texas Tribune Even Own a Gun? submitted by Rhymes with Right
- The Delaware Libertarian – The Inquisition of Mr. Marvel submitted by The Colossus of Rhodey
- Real Clear Markets/Bill Frezza – Clement Moore Revisited: Twas the Night Before Fiscliffsubmitted by The Watcher
- Boston Globe/ Michael Kranish – The Story Behind Mitt Romney’s Loss In The Presidential Campaign submitted by The Watcher