Apparently the bar to be the coach of the Los Angeles Lakers is set much higher than the bar for being the president of the United States!
The Los Angeles Lakers opened up the NBA season a disappointing 1-4 with 77 games left to go, a record apparently so unsatisfactory to the ownership of the team that coach Mike Brown was unceremoniously fired Friday.
The United States on the other hand, after four years of an Obama administration and now heading into another four years is:
- mired in an economic funk with a 7.9% unemployment rate (actual rate much higher),
- running trillion dollar deficits the past few years with more likely to come,
- buried with over $16 trillion in government debt,
- dealing with scandalous cover-ups in the "Fast and Furious" gun-running scheme and the terrorist attack in Benghazi to name only two,
- facing record numbers of Americans on food stamps,
- facing increased instability in the Middle East,
- facing a Syrian civil war and a Muslim Brotherhood led Egyptian government,
- facing imminent nuclear weapons in Iran,
- looking at tepid GDP growth of 2% or less,
- dealing with dysfunctional leadership in Washington epitomized by the "leadership" of the POTUS,
- heading closer and closer to a "fiscal cliff" that could push us into recession unless policies like Obamacare puts us there anyway,
- and so on, and so on and so on!
Either these people are incredibly ignorant or the Republican Party just doesn't know how to pick a candidate or run a campaign.
Be prepared for an emergency with stored food and water for your home!