Pardon the language but this can't be! A PRRI survey says that Jews are coming out to vote for Obama again in 2012?
Fool me once shame on you but fool me twice?
Being one of the few non-Democrat, non-bleeding heart liberal Jews in the New York town where I live, on some level I was able to give those who are these things a pass in the last presidential election for voting Obama.
Many, if not most, Jews are schooled from birth that there is only one party and that is Democrat. The now President Obama embodied the perfect candidate for this voting block.
While candidate Obama took for granted the fact that the Jewish vote would be with him in a big way last election, I believe now President Obama is under that same assumption heading into the November 2012 election.
Is the President correct in this thought process?
Jews need to wake-up and understand!
Prior to the last election and in the intervening period since, this President has more than shown himself to be exactly who people with open eyes thought that he was. No friend of the Jews or of Israel! Here is a short recap:
- He is a past and longtime member of the church of the Reverend Jeremiah Wright, the man who has presented an award to avowed Jew-hater Louis Farrakhan (see Obama transitive property).
- He is an appeaser on all issues that have to do with a nuclear Iran.
- He has called for a move back to the pre-1967 border for Israel which would in effect be a death sentence.
- He was a strong advocate for the replacement of Hosni Mubarak in Egypt when all rationale minds knew that it would ultimately mean the emergence of an Islamist government hostile to the existence of Israel.
- His administration, for purely political reasons, may have leaked Israeli plans for an attack of Iran in an attempt to delay any possible action until after the presidential election.
And away from purely religious reasons for Jews to run from this President are reasons that cut across race, religion and creed. These include, but are not limited to, the economy, Obamacare, foreign policy and national security.
Then imagine my surprise reading a survey that says Jews will come out in support of Obama in the 2012 election!
A Public Religion Research Institute (PRRI) survey found that "...the 62% support for Obama is strikingly similar to the numbers he received in a Gallup poll taken in June 2008. At that time, 62% of Jews said they planned to vote for Obama, compared to 31% who supported Republican John McCain..."
62% despite the fact that "...some Jewish voters are critical of his first term performance, possibly because they feel he has not achieved enough of their liberal objectives. Half of Jews identifying as Democrats express satisfaction with Obama’s achievements, but 31% of Democratic Jews said they feel disappointed, 13% are worried and 2% say they are angry..." (Source)
C'mon (my) people. There is still time for more rationale minds to prevail.
Put country and religion ahead of genetically ingrained political ideology!