- Failed foreign policy initiatives,
- The Muslim Brotherhood takeover in Egypt,
- Struggling and weak economy with what can at best be termed an extremely tepid attempt at economic recovery,
- Iran on the doorstep of nuclear weapons,
- $4.00/gallon pump prices,
- A moratorium on drilling for domestic sources of oil,
- A record number of American's on Food Stamps and other types of government assistance... You get the idea.
BS: So you’re catching up, obviously, on the fact that you had been surpassed as the most famous person who was a Harvard graduate.
Obama: Jeremy is —
BS: Jeremy Lin.
Obama: — doing good. And I knew about Jeremy before you did, or everybody else did, because Arne Duncan, my Secretary of Education, was captain of the Harvard team. And so way back when, Arne and I were playing and he said, I’m telling you, we’ve got this terrific guard named Jeremy Lin at Harvard. And then one of my best friends, his son is a freshman at Harvard, and so when he went for a recruiting trip he saw Lin in action. So I’ve been on the Jeremy Lin bandwagon for a while.
BS: Are you taking credit for “Linsanity”? It kind of feels like you are a little bit.
Obama: I can’t take credit for it, but I’m just saying I was there early.