The problem is that it is no joke, is far from funny and is yet one more asinine move being made by the Obama administration that's destined to fail miserably!
- Has nothing been learned from the attempts made in the past to negotiate with terrorists?
- What is it about being played as a patsy by a terrorist organization that the Obama administration does not understand?
- What do they think will come out of this beyond the potential for the U.S. to make concessions and for the Taliban to make promises and assurances that they have no intention of keeping?
- What is the endgame beyond having some additional talking points for the 2012 presidential campaign during which President Obama can trumpet his imaginary foreign policy acumen by pointing to these worthless negotiations?
- Does the administration think that the few emissaries of the Taliban who will be around some table speak for a rank and file membership whose hatred of all things western and whose desire to destroy them is indoctrinated since birth?
- Have they learned nothing from "negotiations" with Iran who just this week moved its uranium enrichment program deep inside a mountain at Fordo?
- Finally are the politicians in Washington who get behind this stunt merely naive, ignorant or driven by the politics of the charade?
Become a fan of The Political Commentator on Facebook here!
Follow The Political Commentator on Twitter here!
Friend The Political Commentator and Michael Haltman on Facebook here!
Connect with Michael Haltman on LinkedIn here (email@example.com)!