Congratulations to this weeks winner, The Right Planet!
The Watcher's Council nominations for the week of January 16th were presented, the votes were cast, and the winners will now be announced!
For those of you who who may be reading about the Watcher's Council for the first time, it is a group consisting of some of the top conservative minded bloggers from around the world.
A group that The Political Commentator is extremely proud to have been asked to be part of!
Each week members select and submit an article of their own creation in addition to one article from a non-council blog they find to be particularly topical and important.
While you may not always agree with what you read, that alone may make the experience that much more valuable!
Once the submissions have been received at an undisclosed location in secret ballot form, the Watcher's Council members then individually vote for their favorites.
Those votes are protected and held by outside auditing firm Arthur Andersen until such time as they are counted and a winner named for the Grand Prize.
This Grand Prize consists of the appreciation of our peers.
In the end though, we all win because of the range of information and important analysis received on the critical issues of the day.
In a nutshell, the Watcher's Council is the ultimate conservative blog aggregator!
So without further ado, the winners of this weeks Watcher's Council are...?
- *First place with 3 2/3 votes! The Right Planet – The Talking Points Meme
- Second place with 2 2/3 votes – Joshuapundit- “I Got Bin Laden” – And Why Obama’s Big Boast Might Have Been A Huge Mistake
- Third place with 1 2/3 votes – The Political Commentator-Achtung! Antisemitismus, immer präsent doch in der Regel unter dem Radar, ist jetzt immer häufiger offene und ist in das Licht der Welt erscheinen!
- Fourth place *t* with 1 1/3 votes – The Razor-In the Belly of the Swan
- Fourth place *t* with 1 1/3 votes – The Mellow Jihadi- Move, Vets Coming Through!
- Fourth place *t* with 1 1/3 votes – The Noisy Room-Don’t Worry… Nuthin’ Bad’s Gonna Happen…
- Fifth Place with 1 vote – Right Truth-Handcuffed, arrested, and now faces three and a half years in jail for firearms possession – for the crime of being unaware that the Second Amendment does not apply in New York City
- Sixth place with 2/3 vote – The Glittering Eye – Citizenship Skills
- Seventh place *t* with 1/3 vote – Bookworm Room –San Francisco Chronicle columnist warns city’s rational thinkers not to roll in the mud with one specific fringe group
- Seventh place *t* with 1/3 vote – New Zeal – DSA Marxists Take Over the Occupy Movement: Plan “Spring Offensive,” With Widespread Occupations of State Capitols, Schools and Workplaces
- Seventh place *t* with 1/3 vote– Simply Jews–De Nada Ilse
- Seventh place *t* with 1/3 vote – VA Right! – Ron Paul Flying First Class on Taxpayer Dime
- First place with 2 2/3 votes! – Allen West - Mr. President, please don’t play the race card in 2012… submitted by Joshuapundit
- Second place with 2 votes – Defining Ideas – The Death Of Honestystrong> submitted byThe Colossus of Rhodey
- Third place with 1 2/3 votes – Melanie Phillips-The West’s Useful Idiots submitted by The Political Commentator
- Fourth place *t* with 1 1/3 votes - Mark Steyn –Ron Paul beckons GOP to Fortress Americasubmitted by The Noisy Room
- Fourth place *t* with 1 1/3 votes - Maggie’s Farm – Understanding The Wuterich Haditha Court Martial submitted by The Mellow Jihadi
- Fifth place with 1 vote - Wings Over Iraq–Let’s Review submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- Fifth place *t* with 1 vote -Inside Higher Ed – Price of Success submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Sixth place *t* with 2/3 vote -IsraellyCool –There’s Something About Perry submitted bySimply Jews
- Sixth place *t* with 2/3 vote -Big Government –EXCLUSIVE:Former Bush Counternarcotics Advisor: We’re Losing the Drug War Because of Government Bureaucracysubmitted by Right Truth
- Sixth place *t* with 2/3 vote -SE Cupp – Newt Gingrich, Natural Woman submitted by The Watcher
- Seventh place *t* with 1/3 vote -Rush Limbaugh –Washington, DC, Law Forces Exterminators to Capture and Relocate Rats submitted by The Right Planet
- Seventh place *t* with 1/3 vote -GodFather Politics – Urinating on the Dead: Marine Performance Art? submitted by Bookworm Room
- Seventh place *t* with 1/3 vote -Nile Gardiner – Why are Barack Obama’s critics so smart?submitted by The Razor
- Seventh place *t* with 1/3 vote -Liberty’s Spirit – The Real Story of the Lebanese Civil Warsubmitted by The Watcher
- Seventh place *t* with 1/3 vote -Accuracy In Media – AIM Interview with Craig Shirley on Pearl Harbor, Ronald Reagan and Today’s Politics submitted by New Zeal
- Seventh place *t* with 1/3 vote -The Blaze –More ‘Embarrassing’ Ron Paul Newsletters Emerge on Race, Israel, & More submitted by Rhymes With Right
Become a fan of The Political Commentator on Facebook here!
Follow The Political Commentator on Twitter here!
Friend The Political Commentator and Michael Haltman on Facebook here!
Connect with Michael Haltman on LinkedIn here (firstname.lastname@example.org)!