Given the fact that no society has ever lasted forever, are there any clues or warning signs that we in the United States can take from the fall of the Roman Empire?
Any clues that might be red flags telling us that we had better keep our eye on the prize or we will head in the downward direction that brought the civilization of ancient Rome to the point of extinction?
Any items our leaders in Washington can monitor while they are consumed with playing political and monetary games that may serve to feather their own nests while doing absolutely nothing for the people they were put there to serve (see number 4 below)!
Some reasons historians speculate Rome fell
- Decadence and a decline in the moral fabric of society,
- Monetary problems and economic desperation,
- Military issues such as defending on too many fronts,
- Incompetence of leadership,
- Some have even speculated the rise of Islam.
Do any of these sound familiar today?
Because no one is going to shoot a starters gun and say this is the beginning of the end of society as we know it, are there any clues to watch out for? And if there are clues, what can you do about it?
The subtle and not so subtle clues that our society may be entering a very dangerous phase!
- High unemployment (a real unemployment rate of 20%),
- Poverty (record numbers on food stamps and living below the poverty line),
- Inflation (not terrible now but with QE1, QE2... is it right around the corner?),
- Business and infrastructure (problems with roads and bridges not being fixed due to a lack of funds along with an increasing number of empty stores and abandoned houses),
- Increase in violent crime (home invasions and crimes of desperation).
If you have any thoughts or opinions on the potential for the United States to go the way of the Roman Empire, please leave them below.
Read more at SHTFplan
Before you go, look below! Connect with The Political Commentator on social media!