Friday, December 10, 2010

My Wikileaks-Berkeley debate on Russia Today television versus CodePink co-founder Medea Benjamin (Video)


My Russia Today television debate with CodePink co-founder Medea Benjamin on the subject "Bradley Manning, hero or traitor?"

I was called by Russia Today television yesterday afternoon and asked if I would like to debate with CodePink co-founder Medea Benjamin on the topic of the Berkeley, California vote next week to elevate Pfc. Bradley Manning to the status of hero.

They had found me through an article that I had written titled "Berkeley seeks hero status for suspected Wikileaks traitor." The article clearly expressed my disgust for Berkeley in its attempt to elevate the status of a traitor to anything but traitor.

Russia Today is not a pro-American outlet and Medea Benjamin and CodePink are about as far left as a human can be. Never the less, for my first time doing this I hope that I got my point across (I am on Skype and not in studio).


4 comments :

  1. Congrats! That was pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. My 15 minutes but the fact that there are Americans that think the way that Medea Benjamin does is frightening!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mazal tov, Mike! Taking on Medea Benjamin. That's a big feather in your cap.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Eric. Never did it before so I am afraid I let her off way to easy. Most of her points, naturally, were absolutely asinine. I hope all is well with you and your family.

    ReplyDelete

;