Saturday, November 22, 2008

Is Morality A Four Letter Word

What Ever Happened To Morality, Especially When Kids Are Watching?

I have gotten used to E.D. commercials morning, noon and night when young kids are watching T.V., and they are wondering what an erection is, why it would last more than four hours, why the sink handle is falling off and spurting water into the air, why the couple is going into the bedroom and shutting the door, why these people are sitting in side by side bath tubs, naked, looking at the ocean and so on and so on. The people who censor and who are responsible for keeping these and other inappropriate things off of the airwaves must have been off work or in the bathroom when they discussed airing these. A micro second of Janet Jackson's breast during the Super Bowl raised a national uproar, but somehow these commercials are OK.

Two and a Half Men

This brings me to this show that is on T.V., again during times when kids are watching. I was getting ready to go out and the channel was on showing a re-run of this show, and I could not believe some of the things that are allowed on television. Not innuendos, but straight out references to sexual acts, body parts, incest, infidelity etc. I just had to comment on the fact that it appears that the breakdown in morality is complete, and standards in this country when dollars are involved has reached epic proportions. Worse, it appears to be getting done with the outright approval of the people whose job it is to make sure that what is shown, at least during times when children are watching, is appropriate.
Now don't get me wrong, I am not a prude and my children are old enough to understand, but for families with young children this should just not be allowed on air, unless it is after a certain time when kids should be asleep. Now I am not trying to pick on this show, but I went and looked at some of the titles of episodes, and while I have not seen them, I can only imagine:

Two and a Half Men (Episode List Season 5)

City of Great Racks
The Leather Gear is in the Guest Room
Kinda Like Necrophilia
Rough Night in Hump Junction (aka His Ugly Bundle)
If My Hole Could Talk
Waiting for the Right Snapper

Is Anyone In The T.V. Standards Department Watching? This Is Just Unbelievable?

2 comments :

  1. If I ever have kids, do you think I could get by with having no TV?

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you don't like it, I'd rather see you monitor what your kid watches and use the technology available to stop them from watching it, rather than have funny shows be taken off the air.

    ReplyDelete

;